Friday, October 30, 2009

Weird = Unique

A lot of people have branded me “weirdo” these past few months. Some say it reflects upon my interests and personality. Some say that it’s with the way I act. Most call me “weirdo” for unexplainable reasons. A lot of my teachers have advised me to consult a psychologist, some of them get to talk to my parents about my behavior. People have said I have a tendency to be… let’s not call it retarded, mentally challenged, probably – which I find weird, because in my point of view, I think and act normal. There’s just something about me that’s better off not discovering, but I don’t think it affects the way I behave at all.

I know someone who’s been called weird by her friends behind her back. They called her weird because not much people of her age act like she does. She has always been too conservative – which I think is a good thing. She, unlike most of us, doesn’t profane oath. She does not keep up with the joneses, because she doesn’t try to. She stays the way she is.

In my defense, I think that people should remove the word “normal” from their vocabularies. Everybody has their own dogmas and demeanors. There’s no such thing as normal height or normal cup size, and I’m not saying this because I’m stout or because I possess a flat board chest (which I don’t), because everybody is built differently.

Calling somebody weird is like tantalizing somebody for asking for the impossible right after asking them to donate inches, or disdain somebody for asking the obvious right after you asked somebody of their gender.

No comments:

Post a Comment